Melton Public Library Meeting Room Policy
The Melton Public Library’s meeting room may be used for the informational, educational and cultural needs of the community. It has seating capacity for 48. It is available during regular library hours to local individuals and non-profit groups who are willing to abide by the rules for meeting room use. The following restrictions apply:
1. Since the library is a public institution supported by public funds, all programs must be open to the public at large.
2. No admission may be charged.
3. Groups using the meeting room must not use advertising or publicity which imply that their programs are sponsored by the library.
4. Library programs take precedence in scheduling. The room may be scheduled up to two months in advance. The library reserves the right to cancel a reservation when necessary as a result of conflicts with library activities or when it appears to be in the best interest of the library.
5. The library cannot provide storage for any organization’s property.
6. Meetings must start and end no earlier than 15 minutes after opening or 15 minutes before closing.
7. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building.
8. Youth must have adequate supervision.
9. Each group using the meeting room must sign a statement accepting responsibility for damage or loss of library property. Should any special cleaning or repair be required as a result of a group’s use of the meeting room, a charge will be made to cover costs.
10. The library can no longer offer the Meeting Room to attorneys.
Meeting Room Equipment
4 tables (2 additional available if requested in advance)
Full size refrigerator (not for storage)
Presentation easel (no paper)
Groups may not use any library commodities such as coffee, sugar, napkins, etc. The room, kitchen and appliances (if used) should be left clean.
The Melton Public Library Board and staff retain the right to review and amend the meeting room policy at any time.
Adopted August 21, 2009 Reviewed May 17, 2013